Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Newest BJJ Class

We're starting to put some moves together in the dojo. The girls work their guard every class. From guard we try a Kimura, if that doesn't work we break down our opponent with 1 underhook, bump them to the side and work an arm triangle. Next class we'll throw in an armbar from that same position.

From top w pass the guard into side control and work the Americana, Kimura or Arm Bar.

We did pretty good on the 'owies' tonight! Only had a few. We still have the occasional "hey, she's holding me!" We also still get a lot of giving up when things aren't going our way. The wonderful world of kiddie BJJ! (I know I'm her dad and all but do you notice who's winning every night of class??? I'll give you a hint, my grappling daughter!)

Here's round 1, McKenna on bottom.



Here's round 2, McKenna on top. McKenna gets the only sub of the night with about 1 second on the clock.

No comments: