Thursday, September 16, 2010

funny to me



So Riley is getting to be a pretty good talker. She tells us lots of stuff - about 60% we even understand. I remember when my niece, Taylor, was about this age. She would say something her mom didn't understand. Taylor would have to say the word to everyone in the family while we tried to figure it out.

Riley yells 'BUUUHHHH' everytime we either see a bus, or when we pass the place we say one the day before. She can also say the puppies' names: Riku ('eeeeuuuuu'), Raimo ('moooe' or 'amoooe' - it's hard to tell), and Mikka ('num' - not sure where that came from). Riley will also imitate what we say. She's gone out to the deck and clapped her hands yelling 'NUM! NUM', trying to get Mikka to come back.

Tonight Riley wanted to share my drink, so I pulled out the straw. She pointed and said 'juice!' 'No', I told her, 'this is tea'. She smiled and pointed at her mouth 'teeeeee!' (meaning teeth). Being the clever mom I am, I thought I'd call it something else so she'd know it's different. So I said 'no, it's iced tea.' Riley then showed me her eyes, and every body part she could name. I guess we'll have to work on the tea. She really liked it though.

1 comment:

Shanna Bauman said...

trust me - it doesn't get easier! Now that Aiden is fully talking up a storm and learning all sorts of words, their meanings, and even our slang, it's FUN times at the Bauman house!!