Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Pups - Part 3 - Riku




Riku (Re-ku) is the oldest and biggest dog. I got Riku in 2003 from a person who lived in an apartment and though having a Husky would be a great idea. Husky's need a lot of attention and they love to have room to roam. Husky's do not make good kennel dogs! Riku's got quite the personality, he's very protective and he's an all around good dog. Sure I had to run for 5 miles after him when he took off as a pup, but that's all in the past. When I wrestle with Riku, Raimo always jumps in and attacks hi older brother. Dispite this, Riku always sticks up for Raimo when I wrestle with him, just like his dad he always tries to stick up for the little guy. Riku used to talk more than he does now, if you've been around Husky's you know they can carry on a pretty good conversation.

All in all we have some petty good pups, they are all quirky in their own way. They listen well and don't cause too much trouble with the exception of Mikka and her desire to eat my training equipment!

The Names - All my dogs are named after hockey players from Finland. Why? I don't know, I just started doing it. In Cheyenne I had Teemu and Teppo. Riku came along and he made the trip to TN while the T's stayed with my ex-wife and my daughter.

No comments: