Wednesday, November 12, 2008



So I know there has been a lot of blogging about babies and mommy's. Many people have asked..."what about the dad, how's he doing." (by many I mean no one!)

They day started out pretty slow. You know, waiting on Krista. Sheesh! Had to bring her ice chips and breathe with her. When they decided to go the route of the C-Section I had to suit up. With my vast experience through knowing all the words to pretty much every MASH episode, they may need me. Plus I watched Walker, Texas Ranger, deliver a baby once. So I'm willing to pitch in when needed. The scrubs, they say, are one size fits all. Those of you who know me know that I cannot be described as 'all'. I don't know if the picture really tells the entire story but no Nurse Katie, one size does not fit all. I did manage to get into the scrubs, the soulders ripped a little in the back. After a quick 3 or 4 bar rendition of 'Fat guy i a little coat' I literally had to rip the scrubs off, couldn't pry myself out of the thing. I didn't discover the collar on the suit until well after the picture, you know I went with the popped collar look.

All in all it was a great day. Riley is absolutely beautiful, there was lots of crying going on. Not by me of course cuz I'm a big tough dude. I'm pretty sure I did some kind of dance in the hallway that may have been The Humpty Dance. 1st I limped to the side like my leg once broken, shaken and twitchin kinda like I was smokin. Crazy Wack Funky, people say you look like MC Hammer on crack Humpty, That's alright cuz my bodies in motion, it's supposed to look like a fit or a convulsion. Oh I'll do the whole song if I have to. I high fived some random guy who just had a little boy and advised him to keep that kid away from my daughter or else.

Riley is awesome!

No comments: